Friday, April 9, 2010

McKenna's 1st Band Concert

Yes, it's been a while, but life happens. We'll try to be better about posting this year :)

Today was McKenna's 1st Band concert, and now I have a new-found appreciation for what I put my parents through years ago when I was learning to play the violin. McKenna plays the clarinet, and squeaks a lot... I must have screeched a lot. And there was lots of percussion... I can only say I, as well as several other surrounding parents, left the gym thankful we only had to listen to the squeaks in our houses. The concert was fast - about 8 minutes in total - with an interesting selection of tunes, including a medley that included a Christmas carol in April. Perhaps they're making up for no real Christmas concert because we can't celebrate Christmas in their school anymore. Gotta love it.

Enjoy the 8 minutes of 5th grade band!!


No comments: